viaHealth hosts young healthcare professionals across a variety of events, including happy hours, discussion roundtables, and speaker events and panels. Events are held quarterly in cities including NYC, SF, DC, and Toronto.
Past attendees have included individuals from ZocDoc, Becton Dickinson, Anthem (WellPoint), Goldman Sachs, GSK, NYC Health and Hospital Corporation, Sankaty Advisors, Harvard Medical School, Rock Health, Insight Strategy Partners, and more. Topics discussed have ranged from preventative care to big data to global health initiatives.
- Healthcare Happy Hours – casual social events with a wide range of healthcare young professionals; A chance to meet other folks dedicated to the healthcare industry and share perspectives and experiences
- Industry Spotlights – weekend lunch and brunch sessions hosted by viaHealth participants to highlight their careers and share their views on the area of healthcare they work in; Past presenters include professionals from ZocDoc and BluePrint Health
- Small Group Dinners – a smaller setting to chat with passionate young people in different areas of healthcare; Past attendees have had experience in: digital health, cell & developmental biology, medical devices, health insurance, healthcare finance, and non-profit
- Speakers & Industry events – find out about interesting third-party events through viaHealth and attend with a group of like-minded individuals! The viaHealth community has attended events on Healthcare Startups, Food & Identity, and Patient Empowerment & Connectivity. We are always looking for new suggestions of dynamic external events to attend as a group, so please reach out with any ideas!
- Healthcare Reading Club – monthly get-together for individuals interested in reading & discussing articles focused on current events in healthcare; Past discussion topics have included strategies for lowering costs in the healthcare system, end of life / palliative care and the pros and cons of corporate wellness programs